What should you speak about at the table?
- Keep yourself informed about the world. At the table, you have a lot of subjects to discuss.
- If you do not master a subject, stay silent. It is best that you do not talk about things you are not sure of.
- Never speak about illness and operations. If somebody asks about your health, reply, "Very well" and change the subject.
- Do not argue at the table. It can cause terrible indigestion.
- Keep a discreet tone of voice. If the dinner conversation is long and you yawn, excuse yourself for your fatigue.
- Politeness demands that you should not speak a lot about yourself.